This post will give you the steps to configure the OpenWriter plugin for OpenERP 7. Using that plugin, you can connect to the server to edit the existing reports or create new one.
Creating new report is out of scope for this Post. There will be soon a post on that.
Here we go
- Install Module in OpenERP
- Install Plugin in OpenWriter
- Connect to the server
- Open the existing report
Step 1: Install Module in OpenERP
- Open the server in the Browser and navigate to Settings –> Modules –> Installed Modules
- Type report in the search bar and click OpenOffice Report Designer
- Click Install
- From the pop up, there will be a link to download OpenERP Report Designer.zip
- The file which got downloaded will not have the zip format. Please add “.zip” to the extension
Step 2: Install Plugin in OpenWriter
1. Open Extension Manager window from Menu Bar of Openoffice writer, Open Tools > Extension Menu.
2. Click on “Add” button.
3. Select path where the openerp_report_designer.zip is located.
4. On the completion of adding package you will get your package under ‘Extension Manager’.
5. Restart openoffice writer. Once its restarted, it will have menu “OpenERP Report Designer”
Step 3: Connect to the server
1. Open the menu from OpenERP Report Designer –> Server Parameters
2. Once click Next, it will ask us to enter the server credentials to connect to the server and click Connect
Step 4: Open the existing report
1. Open the menu from OpenERP Report Designer –> Modify Existing Report
2. From the above popup, choose any report to modify and click “Open Report”